Friday, July 6, 2012

New Bistro Deli

New Bistro Deli

If you're extremely hungry and wanting for a delightful lunch, then this is not the place for you guys. It's not that I hate this place but given the fact that it's a bistro you may not be able to satisfy your hungry tummy. They are serving easy-to-prepare meals in a modest setting.


The Place

Salcedo St. Makati City
This branch can serve around 30 persons without feeling too crowded.



Pay as you order setup then wait for your turn to claim your meal.


The Menu




Their menu is more on different types of sandwiches which I think is more of a breakfast meal. 



They also serve coffee to match the breads and sandwiches.


I noticed that the menu is similar to Country Style Donuts especially when I saw the doughnuts section at the counter, so I couldn't help but ask the food attendant if it's under the management of the said establishment. He told me that the doughnuts are made indeed by their sister company which is the Country Style Donuts.


The Food




I was pretty sure that these are from Country Style Donuts because of the flavors and because I'm a patron of the said cafe. The doughnuts are not too sweet and not too oily and I can also recommend their muffins. The doughnut costs around P25.00 and P35 for the muffin.


Since it was lunch time, I wanted to eat a heavy meal so I picked one from the all day breakfast meals since it seems heavier than the sandwiches.


Spaghetti with Hungarian Sausage

I ordered this thinking it was heavier but when I finished eating it up, I wasn't satisfied nor full enough. I felt I didn't have my lunch yet, not that I'm a glutton but because my stomach still feels like empty. It costs P175, while the one with rice is P135. 



One of my colleague ordered bacon & egg rice meal and look at it can you find the bacon? We were laughing when we saw the order and this costs P100.00. Another order that we felt is not worth the price is the tuna rice meal, that I didn't care to take a picture because it's like a preheated Century Tuna in can. Why do we say so? because of the laurel leaf on it.



The Overall Experience

It was a learning experience for all of us after eating here, one of  my friend said you should blog this and leave all negative comments because of the experience we had. All of us felt disappointed with the food serving and the price we have to pay. I should say were expecting more from it, but as I've said earlier it's a bistro so you couldn't expect more. I can recommend this if you're after a breakfast meetup or snack time bonding. I guess their specialties are sandwiches and doughnuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment